I’ve been making this pimento cheese recipe for years. I find it to be much better than what they sell in the grocery store. Pimento cheese can be eaten in several ways. Pimento cheese sandwiches, on Triscuts, or my favorite pimento cheese burgers. It takes 5 minutes to make and can be kept for a while in the refrigerator.
– 1 lb. of shredded cheddar cheese (10-12oz)
– Chunk of cream cheese
– 2 small jars of Pimento, or 1/2 a large jar (drained)
– 2 Tbs. of Pimento juice
– Mayo (to taste)
– 1/2 tsp. of pepper
1. First drain the pimentos, but be sure to set aside 2 Tbs. of the juice for the mixture.
2. Then dice up the pimentos a little bit more on a cutting board.
3. Add together the cheddar cheese, pimentos, pimento juice, cream cheese, pepper, and mayo to taste (I added about 1/3 a cup).
4. Mix with an electric mixer on low until everything looks mixed together. Set to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.